Explore on your own
Amongst the many activities that guests can enjoy on their own, we offer 2 self-guided tours:
1. Sustainability trail: you are given a map of the farm, corresponding to our marked spots all around the property. Follow the map and read the information to learn about our alternative energy, composting systems, local culture and agriculture, geography and climate agricultural techniques and plant life.
2. Lookout trail: follow the marked trail around our property. It will take you for a nice little hike up the surrounding forest hills and to a beautiful viewpoint. Don't forget to stop and read the Rio Muchacho information boards that we set up along the way!
Come explore as a day trip, or during your stay!
Things you can do on your own
There are plenty of activities for visitors who do not want to join one of the guides tours, experiences and activities. We are happy for you to explore the farm and the surrounding property at your own pace.
Here are just some of the things you can do:
- Explore the extensive gardens and fruit forests
- Bathe in the river (shallow, but good for cooling off and safe for children)
- Play in our playground for children
- Browse our Information area and learn about Permaculture
- Enjoy Bird watching
- Use our Book exchange
- Do yoga/meditation on the platform in the Meditation garden
- Enjoy the hammocks all around the farm
- Enjoy the animal area
- Play games (board games, volley ball and ping-pong).
- Feed the animals pigs, chickens, horses, cows and worms ($4 for bags of food)
Note: these activities are all free for staying guests.