Taking yoga off the mat and into sustainable living.
The Río Muchacho Organic Farm Yoga Retreat has an incredibly unique itinerary combining farm activities with meditation practices including learning Transformation Life Skills, Mindful Eating, Eco-Meditation, Exploring Creativity and more. Nestled in a small valley on the coast of Ecuador, the farm is a living model for discovering and implementing practices of permaculture & sustainability in a zen oasis. Featuring yoga instruction from Patricia White (Betty Surf & Yoga), we now have the opportunity to offer this peaceful organic haven as a base for our Spring Yoga Retreat 2016.
Patricia White, owner of Betty Surf & Yoga will be leading the meditation and yoga classes along with offering participants an additional full day of Yoga for Surfing and Surf Lessons. Rio Muchacho Farm will be hosting the retreat providing informative discussions on sustainability, community development and local culture along with trekking into the jungle on horse and by foot. Retreat guests have an opportunity to enjoy the peace of the countryside, the local culture, fresh organic food and sustainable living while exploring and evolving their meditation and yoga practice. The farm has accommodation for up to 50 people curious about how to relate to the earth in a rejuvenating way and curious to evolve their own yoga practice as part of a beautiful and enriching experience.
Named one of the thirteen best examples of responsible tourism on planet earth by Channel 5 Montreal - Another Way to Travel, the Rio Muchacho Organic Farm has become a model of recycling and community development on the coast of Ecuador.
- Welcome grass meditation mat
- 3 organic, vegetarian meals served per day
- Transportation to and from Canoa
- Daily sunrise meditation
- Daily Yoga classes with yogini Patricia White featuring, Yin, Aerial and Vinyasa Yoga classes
- Informative Discussions on sustainability and permaculture
- Participate in the Artisanal Crafts workshop using locally available resources
- Participate in Raw Foods Processing from locally harvested goods
- Exotic Hikes
- Horseback Riding
Add-on Betty Surf & Yoga Course
Learn to surf in Ecuador with the 3 Day Betty Surf & Yoga course for $150. 3 hours of daily surf & yoga classes, taught by Patricia White. Featuring our specialty Yoga for Surf Balance Class. Includes all quality professional surf, balance and yoga equipment. You will be riding waves and sunshine before you know it! Includes: Accommodations (simple, rustic) at the Betty Studio, 3 hours of daily surf & yoga classes, equipment and photos. Read more about our 3 Day Surf & Yoga course here.
- Accommodation Upgrade $5
- Massage $35 per session. Enjoy a relaxing light massage from our local masseuse from Canoa- Luna massages
- Chinese chiropractic alignment $35 per session.
- Meditation- Begin to awaken and explore the quality of your pranayama breath as it relates to the quality of your practice, progressing through a week of meditative practice featuring rhythmic breathing, observation of sound, active and passive meditations.
- Yin Yoga- Learn to play your Yin edge, breathing through moments of distraction and discomfort as we target the ligaments and tendons in this deep release class. A great way to start the week fresh and direct our attention to the present experience
- Vinyasa Flow- Weaving together the union of mind and body through breath as we challenge our movement toward one motion one breath. We feature modified classes for varying levels of fitness.
- Aerial Yoga Classes- Learn the basic hammock wraps in our fun aerial flow featuring inversions to decompress the spinal column and open the heart with our backbend hammock series.
- Yoga for Surfing Balance (add-on)- Learn about Pranayama and Drishti as we break use the parasympathetic nervous system to optimize our potential in challenge situations. Use of slackline yoga, Indo balance boards and an aerial balance stations.
- Surf Lessons (add-on)- bring the concept of drishti and pranayama off the mat and into the Pacific Ocean learning to surf in Ecuador this year. Hang ten and find zen at the Betty Surf and Yoga studio after the retreat.
May 12- 16, 2016
- 4 Night Retreat
- Pickup Thursday @ 3:00 in Canoa
- Drop off Monday @ 5:00 to Canoa
Organic Farm Yoga Retreat
*Rio Muchacho reserves the right to postpone the retreat if the minimum enrollment of 5 people is not met, at which time all deposits are fully refundable*